To ensure an enjoyable trip, there are a few things you must plan for:
1. Ensure you have a valid freshwater fishing license. If you are fishing on Lake Gaston or Kerr, either a North Carolina or Virginia license is valid. If outside this area, please contact your local Department of Wildlife to check their requirements.
2. If you have any special needs, please indicate that on the form below. We want to ensure we can accommodate you.
3. We have life jackets, but if you prefer to use your own, please bring it, and ensure it is a U.S. Coast Guard approved Life Jacket.
4. Please bring any snacks or drinks you would like. We will have a cooler full of ice with bottled water.
5. Once a mission captain is assigned, he or she will reach out to you to coordinate a meeting time.
6. For Lake Gaston, we will meet up at the NC Wildlife ramp located at 142 Waterfront Road, Henrico NC.
7. Here at Operation Vets With Nets, we Catch, Photo, and Release (CPR). If you would like to keep some fish to take home, please let your mission captain know. We will do everything we can to filet and bag up for you. We will only filet fish (Catfish) between 3-15 lbs. Anything smaller or larger will be CPR.
8. Be aware of the weather and dress accordingly.
9. If you need wheelchair accessibility, please let us know. We have one boat that we can use and is ADA-compliant (Lake Gaston Area).
10. All though not required, we do accept donations. That is how we can offer the services we do.
Copyright © 2022 Operation Vets with Nets - All Rights Reserved.
A 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization
Corporate Office: 828 Catrina Lane Chesapeake, VA 23322